Everyone who signs up, renews or honors their pledge by June 30th is still in the running for great Radio Festival major prizes!
PBS Radio Festival is nearly over for the year and it’s looking like the best Radio Festival yet. We’ve had an overwhelming response from people who have signed up to fight for independent radio. And not just humans! Our members range from lizards to Valiants, bass guitars, dwarf rabbits, and the increasingly popular Dog for a Decade!
If you pledged your support, now’s the time to shine and pay up! Drop in to our studios or send a cheque or money order to PBS at 47 Easey Street in Collingwood. Make sure you have a copy of your membership number which has been posted to you, or just give us a call on 8415 1067.
If you’re just a bit slow off the mark, there’s still time… until June 30th, everyone who signs up or renews is still in the running for the major prizes, including a Vespa, an Audiophile surround sound system, a year’s worth of PBS Feature Records, plus a bunch of different membership prizes for Businesses, Juniors, Performers and Pets. Check out the full list of prizes up for grabs here.
And also don’t forget- the Taxman will soon be a knocking… you might want to consider making a donation to PBS- they are tax deductible!
There’s more, and no, it’s not a knife! All PBS members receive a membership pack that includes a copy of one of two exclusive PBS compilation CDs The Sounds Of Studio 5 Live. These are tracks you can’t download, can’t buy at records stores, and can’t find on Soundcloud. You choose:
Best of Studio 5 Live
Every person who signs up or renews gets to choose from one of two exclusive PBS compilation CDs – tracks you can’t download, can’t buy at records stores, and can’t find on Soundcloud.
PBS BY DAY is a mostly acoustic disc that gets a little bit funky as it moves along. If you listen to PBS during the day you’ll recognize a lot of the artists on this CD. The disc starts with some clawhammer banjo and finishes up with an Afro-beat epic. In between there’s soul, jazz, folk and plenty of finger pickin’ goodness.
1. Frank Fairfield - Booze Oh Booze
2. Strzelecki Stringbusters - Wagon Wheel
3. Kitty, Daisy and Lewis - Polly Put the Kettle On
4. Syl Johnson & The Bamboos - Anyone But You
5. Allan Browne Trio - Broncoscopy
6. Ray Mann Three - Hook Me Up
7. Moriarty - Jimmy
8. Sal Kimber & The Rolling Wheel - Beat Gets Louder
9. Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro - Love Spectrum
10. Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes - Baby Caught the Bus
11. Deep Street Soul - Look Out Watch Out
12. Public Opinion Afro Orchestra - Mr Clean
PBS BY NIGHT is a little rougher around the edges, although it kicks off with some laid back pieces for the wee small hours followed by some exotic sounds from around the world. Before long though it gets real dirty with some crankin’ guitars and Marshalls turned up to 11.
The tracklisting includes:
1. Adalita - Sarah May
2. Hiatus Kaiyote - Lace Skull
3. Nature's Ornaments - Kara
4. Hanggai - Uruumdush
5. Dereb the Ambassador - Yezegeshebet
6. Dallas Frasca - All My Love
7. The Bloody Hollies - Infatuation of a Girl
8. Black Joe Lewis - Black Snake
9. Reverend Beatman & Delaney Davidson - So Long
10. Kira Puru & The Bruise - The Liar
11. The Messengers - Whiskey & Wine
12. King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Danger $$$
13. Guitar Wolf - Jet Satisfaction
Be a PBS Branded Hero!
Sign up as a Passionate member or above and be the envy of all your friends in your very own SPECIAL EDITION PBS t-shirt! It’s cool, it’s hip, and it’s totally included as a bonus when you sign up to become a Passionate, Patron, Friend for Life or a Friend for a Decade member to PBS. Wear it with pride to show your support for independent radio!