Artist | Track/Song Name | Album Title | Label/Distributor | Comments
BLUE JUICE – 29 January 2012 "Sting Like A Bee"
1. Let the Good Times Roll - LOUIS JORDAN & HIS TYMPANY FIVE
2. Gotta Gimme Whatcha' Got - JULIA LEE
3. Tanya (03-20-52) - JOE LIGGINS
4. RAMBLE - ALBERT WASHINGTON
5. Good Humor Man - CLIFFORD CURRY
6. W-A-S-T-E-D - BOBBY KING
7. Driving Wheel - MAC SIMMS
8. Ain't That Love - THE MIGHTY HANNIBAL
9. Trick Bag - EARL KING
10. The Fight (Grandma and Grandpa) - ERNIE K-DOE
11. (She's so Fine) so Glad She's Mine - THE CARTER BROTHERS
12. I Am the Greatest - CASSIUS CLAY [AKA MUHAMMAD ALI]
13. Sting Like A Bee - BUSTER'S ALL-STARS
14. Ali Shuffle - PRINCE BUSTER & THE ALL STARS
15. Linger On - PRINCE BUSTER & THE ALL STARS
16. Cassius Clay - DENNIS ALCAPONE
17. Fattening Frogs for Snakes (Single Version) - SONNY BOY WILLIAMSON
18. Cool Cool Cool - THE CLARE SISTERS
19. Mockingbird - INEZ & CHARLIE FOXX
20. Nobody but Me - THE ISLEY BROTHERS
21. Queen Majesty (A.K.A. Minstrel and Queen) - THE TECHNIQUES
22. Double Barrel - DAVE & ANSEL COLLINS
23. You Better Believe It - PAUL GAYTEN
24. Bad Boy - EDDIE TAYLOR
25. Yield Not to Temptation - BOBBY "BLUE" BLAND
Sunday 29 January 2012
Kentish Town siblings Kitty, Daisy & Lewis are a group of highly talented and original musicians who play more or less anything they can lay their hands on. Their musical references and skills are rooted in the old tradition where songs and music are handed down, played and enjoyed at gatherings of family and friends. From a very young age Kitty, Daisy & Lewis’ performances have been blowing away and inspiring audiences, building up an impressive fan base from the likes of Amy Winehouse, Chris Martin and Eagles Of Death Metal to Dustin Hoffman and Ewan McGregor. They have had worldwide success with sold out tours and have opened for Coldplay, Razorlight, Richard Hawley, Jools Holland among others.
At their packed live shows there’s no compromise when Kitty's howling harmonica solos backed by Daisy's solid rhythm on a battered snare-drum and Lewis' snapping guitar work drive crowds into a Southern Evangelical frenzy. The trio jump from one instrument to another, which range from piano, lap steel, banjos, ukulele, accordion, xylophone, trombone to name but a few.
Listen back to Blue Juice with Mohair Slim for a live set from Kitty, Daisy & Lewis.